Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's Daniel!!

Here's another photo I forgot to add the first time.


We have decided on a name finally. After a few days of Leah calling him "the brother", we had to make up our minds. His full name will be Daniel Fu Jie. We feel it's important to keep his Chinese name as it is a part of who he is and his culture. I am told that name selection is a "weighty issue" in China and we want him to carry his given name forward in life. Now, I just need to learn how to pronounce it! Dave and I will be attending a Mandarin class so we will learn.



We have a little bit of information about Daniel's personality. I believe this information is from 12/06


We are told:
- He can now say "Mama"

- likes to imitate adults' gestures such as clapping hands, covering eyes etc

-When he sees an animal he likes he will point to it and ask others to look while he babbles the animal's name and claps his hands

- He is "very smart, adorable little boy, who is outgoing, and always wears a sweet smile"

- quick minded (oh boy! )

- imitative

- able to make gestures such as "bye" "welcome"

- loves to play hide and seek by covering his eyes

- loves to play outside and asks his "granny" to take him out

- active and restless (going to be fun! :)

- deep sleeper (hooray!)

- likes toys that make noise

His records indicate he has a "granny". From what I understand, this may indicate that he has had a lot of attention. The doctor we spoke to when reviewing his file said "he may be king". Heehee! Oh well, we have the princess, why not the King! It makes me feel good to know he has someone who loves him until we can bring him home.







No comments:

Our baby!

Our baby!