Thursday, May 29, 2008

6 months ago today - Welcome to the US!


6 months ago today Daniel's plane touched down on US soil. When we boarded the plane in Hong Kong, the song Daniel by Elton John was playing on the plane. How ironic. "Daniel is riding tonight on a plane...." heehee. We went through Homeland security. They stamped his visa and he was officially a US citizen. That day was exhausting! After 15 plus hours on planes and less than an hour or so of sleep I was delirious. Dealing with a 2 year old on a plane also didn't help my sanity. Although, he was very good. I felt so sick after getting off the plane. I thought I was going to pass out. It was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon EST. China time - about 2 AM. It seemed like forever getting through customs, immigration, baggage claim, etc. When we finally got through the doors (passed the security points) this is the sight that welcomed us.

A sight for sore eyes. Boy did we miss this little face!






Daniel wasn't so sure who all these crazy people waving signs were. He did so well in his car seat. I was shocked he didn't freak out. We kept him up almost the entire drive home. Once we got home he had many gifts to open, He was having a great time going around and hugging everyone in his new family. He freely gave Bao Baos (hugs) and was having a grand 'ol time. We were now a family of four and the fun was just beginning!

2 comments:

Heather High Kennedy said...

I love these pictures! You must've been so tired, though!

Steph said...

I can't believe I missed this special day! Happy six months, Daniel! I can't believe how much you've grown already! :-)

Our baby!

Our baby!