Today was the day the kids and I let them free. They only live for two weeks and I felt bad they had to live almost half their life in that little netted cage. Leah was sad to see them go as she has become rather close to them. They are named "Hermie", "Wormie", "Mary" (I questioned where that came from and she just thought it was pretty name for a butterfly), "Tinkerbelle" and "Butter". I came up with Butter. I told her we could then say, "look at Butter fly!". Maybe Dave is right and I do need to get out more. Hmmm...
We opened the little door on the cage and no one seemed to be interested in moving out. So, Leah put her hand in and one by one took them out and let them free! We followed them around the yard a little and I prayed that the hungry mama Robin that was watching us intently would be kind and avoid the kill until we were out of sight. Leah was afraid the birds would eat them and I told her OUR butterflies are way to smart to get eaten by birds. What we don't know won't hurt us. We will believe that that flittered and fluttered happily until the end.








1 comment:
I love the butterfly pics! What a great project to enjoy with the kids!
Post a Comment