Friday, November 14, 2008

Bad Blogger

I apologize for my lack of blogging recently. Not much to write about. We've been busy doing a little of this and a little of that. We had our final post-placement visit with our social worker on Wednesday night. She was amazed at how much Daniel has grown. When I measured him for the report I had to write, I realized he had grown a lot. He's grown almost 4 inches in a year! And put on at least 5 lbs. Not bad at all :) It's hard to believe that one year ago today we were getting ready to hop on the plane to China (11/15). Next week we will celebrate our 1 year Family Day. We plan on going out to dinner to celebrate.

Daniel received his first progress report from Pre-school yesterday. His teacher says he is doing well. I had to laugh at a lot of the comments. "tends to FLIT from one activity to another". Basically a nicer way of saying what Dave has always said ....he has the attention span of a gnat.
There's just too much to do and he wants to make sure he does it all! He won't miss out on ANYTHING in life. This I am certain of.
The other comment was in response to whether he is communicating orally. The response was "he uses language well. I can't understand a lot of what he is saying, but he USES it!" We know that well. He talks and talks and talks and talks. All day.
Oh well, not too many photos taken recently. Here are a few outtakes from our Christmas portrait session.

Leah was singing and Daniel was not happy with it so he was stopping her

She thought it was pretty funny

Then all was well and we were posing nicely...until Fager decided she had had enough of these kids getting all the camera time. She walked right over, plopped herself down right in front of them. As you can see, Daniel was none to happy to have this dog stealing his thunder. Fager has the same issue Leah does..she's a photo blinker

Oh well, if you can't beat them, join 'em!

2 comments:

Steph said...

More awesome pictures! Love the ones with Fager.

Congrats in advance for your look back to a year ago... When we passed each other in the sky on our way home and your way to China. It seems like just yesterday. It's been hard for me to look back on the trip, but I can't wait to join you as you reminicse about your union with Daniel!

FHL said...

Happy Family Day :o) Has it really been a year!?

Your dog just makes me smile....I've never seen such a photogentic animal!

Thank you so much for praying for our family!
M~

Our baby!

Our baby!