Monday, October 22, 2007

CA and packing

We received CA (Consulate appoint) from the US consulate in Guangzhou China. Our appt is 11/26. We've collected all our letters from DTC, LID, LOI, PA, LOA, TA and CA! We are now allowed to go to China and bring our son home! We should be leaving for China on 11/15 or 16. I'll know more tomorrow hopefully.


Now the fun starts. Trying to pack for 3 people for 16 days in 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons. The hard part is not knowing what size your child wears so we're taking 18 month and 24 month sizes. It gets, better. We get to go to 2 different climates. The suitcases cannot weigh more than 40 lbs each. Add up the clothing, the toys, the medications (which weigh about a ton), the sippy cups, bottles, diapers, shoes and last but not least a huge box of Cheerios. What does that spell...............overweight luggage fines. It's a challenge. I'll keep everyone updated with the results. I'm not betting on us. I think the airline is going to win this war.

4 comments:

~Kristen said...

Wow... you really have a lot of packing to do!! Are you still doing Disney? I will be there that same week!! You have one VERY exciting month ahead...

Anonymous said...

Full speed ahead! As for clothing sizes - cheat! That's what makes sweatpants and sweatshirts so great! They don't have to fit perfectly!

I look forward to meeting him and I can't wait to share the blog with the boys!

Most Sincerely,
Tony Morelli

Anonymous said...

I have the solution!!!! Wear lots of layers and peel as you go.

Heather said...

Whew - I am tired looking at all this too - you will do it - you are resourceful:)

Email me privately, I need your home address and when I saw one of the comments on your blog, I think yours and my paths have crossed before (BA - before adoption, hee hee).

Wishing you the very best!

heather

Our baby!

Our baby!