Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Leah has Earrings!

Yesterday we went to the mall and had Leah's ears pierced. She has asked a few times in the past to have them done. When she was about 3 years old she once said to me after looking at my earrings, "Mommy, I want to buy me some holes". So, yesterday Daddy and Mommy bought her those holes she's been wanting for years. We didn't tell her until we were at the mall. I wanted to be sure there were two people working at the store so they could do both ears at once. I didn't want to find out what would happen if one ear was done and she didn't want the other. She did great! She flinched a little when they went in and that was it. I didn't want to tell her it may hurt as I was afraid she'd chicken out. I thought the less she knew the better. And, I could not honestly tell her that it would hurt as I never had my ears pierced in that manner. When I was about 7, my dear family thought it would be a good idea to have mine done the "old fashioned" way. Numb the lobes with ice and jam a needle through them. Yeah, it was great! And a memory I will never forget....although I would like to!

Leah before the earrings are put in




Almost there



The moment of impact






Look how pretty!







She chose the pink flowers

Daniel after painting. He's so neat.

Daddy made homemade Potato soup for dinner. Guess who liked it alot...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yay Leah! So nice that she got to have a special something just for her...Getting your ears pierced is a rite of passage!

Nice finger painting, Daniel! Making a mess is so much fun!

Our baby!

Our baby!