Thursday, February 07, 2008

Update on Daniel's Speech

We had a great day at our weekly FCC (Families with Children from China) playgroup today. The kids had a lot of fun making paper lanterns and watching the premier of Nick Jr's new show NiHao Kailan.

We have 2 parties scheduled for this weekend. Leah and Daniel are all ready to get dressed in their traditional chinese outfits and party! I'll be sure to post some pics.

Daniel had his Early intervention evaluation for speech therapy on Monday. He will start speech therapy next week. The therapist will come to our house once a week until he turns 3. He'll then have to go to the local school for the therapy. They feel once he has his surgery in August his speech will really improve. They feel he shouldn't have any major issues with language. Very good news! The evaluators were amazed at how much language he has acquired in the time he has been home. They said that he is right on target for his age group in language comprehension. Not bad for hearing the language for 10 weeks! They were joking that he's have his PhD and writing dicertations (however you spell it) in a few years. I wouldn't be surprised!

Here's a picture I took of the kids yesterday. Of course Daniel was in sweats and it's the only picture that they are both smiling perfectly. Oh well!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love that picture! I also love Daniel's outfit in your header. I was just saying that I couldn't stand the traditional outfits for boys, but his is really adorable...I didn't see anything like that in Guangzhou! Happy Year of the Rat to your family!

Our baby!

Our baby!