Martial Arts performace
This sweet lady worked as a restroom assistant. When i took Daniel in to change his diaper she held out her arms. He went right to her. He has been afriad to go to anyone but Dave and I. It was amazing how he took to her.
In front of the pagoda forrest. The ashes of the monks are buried under each pagoda. there are over 200 pagodas here.
Daniel by the entrance
Today is our last day in Zhengzhou. Tomorrow we fly to Guangzhou for the last leg of our trip. The flight should be interesting. Today we went to Shaolin Temple. This is the location of the beginning of Zen Buddhism. Today it is more of a tourist attraction as well as a top martial arts school. Many parents send their children here so they can become experts in martial arts and have a career in security. The monks there are martial art experts. It was beatiful. The temple's location is among the Song Mountain. Here is a link that explains it all better than I can:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/henan/luoyang/songshan_shaolin.htm
No time to write. Have to get this little man to sleep!

3 comments:
Wow....cherish a true voyage of a 'life'-time.....
Have fun and a safe journey home,
jjt&k
Jen,
Charlene and I have loved everything you've posted. I know this is an exciting time so enjoy every minute!
Debbie Stewart
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so SO glad that things are going well for all of you. Ian was a ton of fun and pretty darn easy while in China, so I'm thrilled that you're having a great adventure with Daniel. You'll never forget it, although I don't know about you, but I was so sick of hotel rooms! Wishing you all a great flight to Guangzhou and a speedy week there before you head home.
Hugs to you all,
Steph
Post a Comment