Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back Home

We are back home and Daniel's surgery is complete. He did very well and by the way he is acting he is in no pain. He's running and playing as if nothing happened. The pictures tell a different story however. His lip is very swollen and he looks like a boxer that just lost the bout. He was NOT happy when we saw him in recovery. He was thrashing and stiffening his entire body. He was PISSED! His first coherent words, in between the pathetic sobs (it was so sad) was "Take OFF" He wanted the No-Nos off his arms as he's not a big fan of restraint. Once the drugs kicked in he calmed down and slept. He slept well last night. He's about the only one. Trying to sleep in a hospital is impossible (except for the little patient on Oxycontin). Every time I fell asleep I was either woken up by a nurse, a beeping machine , someone collecting trash at 2AM or crazy rumbling sounds coming from inside the walls(no idea what that was!) We're happy to be home and in our own beds tonite. Daniel is doing good without the no-nos on so far. The No-Nos are the things on his arms that prevent him from bending at the elbow and touching his face. Here are some photos:

Pre-Happy Juice. Happy to be sitting in the big bed playing with the TV remote

Happy Juice kicking in!

He saw me with the camera and even on a Jerry Garcia Grateful Dead - like trip, he knew to smile. That's my boy!

In our room after coming out of recovery. No a happy camper :(
It didn't take long to see that cute , but a little swollen, smile again :)

3 comments:

Heather High Kennedy said...

Yay, Daniel :-) He's just so cute, I can't stand it. Good job, everyone (and great pictures, Mommy!)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well and I hope he's feeling better.

FHL said...

I'm so glad that he did so well. My friends son recently had a similiar surgery and had to wear the no-no's....ugh, I'd be crying too if they tried to put them on me. Poor little guy!

(Dreaming of Cassie ~ RQ LID room)

Our baby!

Our baby!