Friday, August 08, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Daniel!!!!

The day started off as usual. I heard the little voice calling "Mama, um et me". translated means Mama come get me. I took the video camera in and he was more interested in getting out of the crib than being recorded....yes, he's still in a crib and until he figures out how to get out, he will remain in the crib :)

I don't think he "gets" the whole birthday thing yet. We keep telling him about his birthday. When you discuss his birthday he holds up three fingers and says "Anyo free" - Daniel three

We are trying hard to get him to use personal pronouns like I, my, mine and to stop referring to himself as Daniel - a la Elmo. Everytime he refers to himself as Anyo, we pretend we have no idea what he is talking about and we say "Who? to which he replies, "Me!" and corrects himself. We are also requesting that he start using more words when asking for something (as per his speech therapist). For example, if he wants more of something he needs to say "I want more" instead of "More". Anytime he wants something he must say "I want". Working on these two concepts at once is confusing the poor child. The other night at dinner we were discussing his birthday and we asked whose birthday was coming up. He happily replied "Anyo free". To which Dave and I replied "Who?" He states proudly "I WANT free". We'll let the grammar lessons go today and let Anyo be free!

I remember last year on his birthday and we celebrated without him. I can't believe a year has passed already. We're so happy he's here to celebrate with us from now on. Happy Birthday Buddy! We love you! We'll have more photos from today and his big Olympic Party this weekend.

No comments:

Our baby!

Our baby!